Thursday, July 16, 2015

Once in a Blue Moon



Well, we've flown by Pluto, now, you know, the Dwarf Planet.  It's amazing that for 10 years there are those who waited patiently for this event to happen.  And the amazing thing is that the scientists weren't sure it would be successful.  TEN YEARS!!  I can only imagine the excitement, anxiety, or just sheer terror they must have experienced until the first photos arrived.

I, on the other hand, can never get a good photo of the moon...Well, "once in a blue" one.
~~~~~
When I imagine
Traveling in outer space
My head is spinning

Leaving Mother Earth
It's impossible to me
I have deep roots here
~~~~~
So, in my admiration to those who strive to gain knowledge of the unknown I say, "Thank you!"  Adventures like these only validate the beauty and complexity of God's creation!
~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God

Cathy

I'm joining for the first time Little Things Thursday.  Drop by by and visit!


Please visit Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 







27 comments:

  1. gorgeous picture! so amazing to think we've flown by pluto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture. My oldest daughter was born on a blue moon. This year, July has a blue moon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ... and congratulations to the scientists.

    God bless you Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I am still wondering what's behind the fence of my across the street neighbors! Great Post!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thoughts, Cathy! The universe is so vast and wondrous. How wonderful we have learned just a little bit more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't quite wrap my head around it...especially when Ron tries to explain it to me. I just know it's beautiful and that's enough for me. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for these reflections Cathy. The pictures are amazing aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful words + stunning lunar image! have a beautiful weekend Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Adventures like these only validate the beauty and complexity of God's creation!"

    i do so agree with you Cathy

    have a nice Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen to your words of wisdom in your post. And beautiful moon photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's to sweet mystery- and the fascination that keeps dreams alive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo and haiku. Exciting days we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your haikus jive exactly with the way I feel about going out in space. well said!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The way we leave the gravity of our earth right now... in giant rockets, all strapped in, G forces then weightlessness... not for me. But give me a fast little space craft like you see in the science fiction action films? I can then imagine zipping by those unknown planets spinning... or wings will do!!! Great haiku and photo. You really got me thinking this morning Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When ;you get your "little space craft" let me know and we'll "zip" together! Thank you for your visit!

      Delete
  14. How beautiful and true are your words, Cathy. All these adventures indeed validate God's creation and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to honor earth and other planets ~ lovely haiku ~

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol




    ReplyDelete
  16. I share your fascination with the Pluto events. Poor unloved child of our solar system, it is. It would seem though that there are a few who do feel affection for it after all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah! same here. I can relate to your haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wouldn't be a good space traveler either. Can't stand to be cooped up too long!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My roots on Earth are deep too. I don't want to leave---ever!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.