Thursday, April 19, 2018

Glorious Sunrise



Sunrise sunset, sunrise sunset, 
Swiftly fly the days,
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossom even as they gaze.

Sunrise sunset, sunrise sunset,
Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears.

by 
Jerry Bock and Sheldon Hamick

~~~~~~~
I awoke this morning to a beautiful sunrise!  Sunrises always fill  me with such wonder and awe.  And when I see one it gives me such hope.
~~~~~~~

Sun begins to glow
So early in the morning
It lifts up the soul

Happiness and joy
From the Creator's palate
Offer quiet morn

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks to be God,

Cathy


Please visit recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 

10 comments:

  1. Hello, beautiful sunrise. A lovely start to your day. The poems are pretty. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sunrise.

    God bless you, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I favor the quiet of early morning. And beauty like this to begin the day, what could be more satisfying?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My soul soars with the sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! ~ photo and haiku!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my all-time favorite songs, Cathy! Wow, did that ever take me back! And your haiku lifts my soul and fills my heart with praise for the glory of a new day in that special quiet! I'm glad I could share my columbine with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waking up to a beautiful sunrise can gladden the day! Beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the most profound and gorgeous sunrise i have ever witnessed was the predawn morning my father left his earthly body. my father's last gift -the gift of acceptance, peace, and grace. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Lea - I had to re-read the song a couple of times to make sure I was remembering the correct song - bright memories to go with a bright sun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen!!
    Luv your haiku

    Happy Earth day

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.