Friday, August 16, 2019

Cat On the Prowl


Simba, the Royal Cat

Last night, Simba got a treat. . .He got to prowl the neighborhood. He's quite a cat, and I'm sure you've heard that about cats in general.  But Simba is a real treasure.  

I have two cats and a dog.  Duchess is 14 years old and acts her age.  Simba and his sister, Nala, came to me when a friend found she was allergic cats and she had to find a home for them. Rather than split them up I took both.  Family is family, don't you know.

Sissy, that's what I call her, is sedate and happy to lay around the house. Simba on the other hand is inquisitive and anything but sedate.  I find a lot of pleasure in having both of them here.

So, what happened last night?  Well, it was a nice cool evening and I left the family room door to the outdoors open as I have on numerous occasions.  He found a he could push the screen out and there you have it.  Simba was free!!  

I had no idea he was gone until this morning when I fed the animals and he didn't come to the "table."  He did return, however, about 20 minutes after I set his bowl outside.  So glad he's back. 

Cats love the outdoors
Some love it more than others
Simba's one of those

After his night out
Simba's relaxing right now
Content in this place

~~~^j^~~~

Cathy



Please visit recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 

/>

10 comments:

  1. Hello, I am glad Simba came home safely. I love the names Simba and Nala, we just saw the latest Lion King movie. Cute kitty and haiku! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cats and lovely photos ~ sweet haiku ~ hope he doesn't wander too much ~

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly a beautiful cat. Neighbours here have cats. At night I see three or four of them wandering the streets and our garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat lover here. Thanks for sharing Simba's adventures. Glad he's home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope there is no habit forming with prowling at night. Too many things could happen. (I love cats!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah...a contented cat! Glad to see you back, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I guess you will never know where he ventured all night. His secret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bit of a scare when you discovered him missing! Glad he returned quickly before you panicked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet he will go out at night whenever he gets a change from now on...

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear cathy, thank you for your "cat-erday" haiku! our cat is spotted black and white like a jersey cow. cats are such an amazing comfort and always willing to take a nap if you need one and prefer company! always a pleasure to be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.