Sunday, September 01, 2019

Italian Memories


I was wondering what to post today so I was going through the photo library when I came to photos of our first trip to Italy in 2015.  

When we arrived in Italy our guide told us that we had time for a n unscheduled side trip on our way to Florence because we were too early for our hotel arrival.  It was a delightful day!  The sun was shining and the sky was so blue.  I was ready to start this "New Adventure."



So our first stop was in Montepulciano and according to Wikipedia it is "a medieval and Renaissance hill town in . . .southern Tuscany.  It was a short walk to the elevator that took us up to the main part of the town.  And then it was a walk in history. 

We walked around the the town and only made one stop which was the most interesting wine shop I've ever been in.  Why?  Because it was also the winery and a museum. 



The Museum with its old wine casks and Etruscan pottery



The tour of the winery was really interesting because of the historic background and the fact that it has been in the family for so many years and it was all underground.



So many casks and they are so large!!  After the tour was the wine tasting.  Oh my, but it was good!




And then it was back down the hill and the rest of out journey to Florence.  It was such grand way to begin an adventure!

~~~~~~~

And so in two days I'll begin another travel adventure as we head for Colorado for a visit with family and friends!  It's always grand to go home to my "Promised Land."

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy




Please join me for Mosaic Monday.




18 comments:

  1. ...and you have created an adventure for us in photos! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Cathy, thanks for taking me on this mini trip, it's unlikely that I would make on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful visit ... love seeing this place I’ve never been and looking forward to seeing one of our favorite placesto travel (Colorado)through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful winery! Enjoy your time in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy - you had me at winery! More seriously, somehow the light on the old stone buildings in Italy has a warmth you just can't find anywhere else. It inspires me to get on the next plane! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Italian wine is near the top of my favourites. Especially Montepulcia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful holiday remembered - history where you stood.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many wonderful places to visit. I enjoyed this photo tour of the winery-museum in Italy. Enjoy your trip to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - perhaps some day I will be able to visit there.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/09/a-strange-sight.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an entertaining trip. Would love to see the underground winery----so ols
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful visit. I really enjoyed your photo tour. A visit to Italy is next on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How happy am I to join you for a Tuscan wine tour today - looks a very smart place. Love Florence as well!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice to see this post, what a great visit you had.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Nice memories for you. I enjoyed your mosaic photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Impressive photos and a great tour..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tour. I would love to get to Italy some day! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I felt that way about returning to Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would be my dream trip! How nice to have lots of photos to remember it!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.