Friday, October 11, 2019

Words About the Harvest





Silos at Sunrise
Securing the nations grain
Hope for the future

Living in Indiana I've been spoiled over the years to see the Fall come and the harvest begin.  Seeing the vast fields of corn, wheat and soy beans, melons and other fruit fills my heart with joy and hope.  I think everyone should understand the hard work that goes into farming and that we as a nation should never take it for granted!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy


Please visit recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 

/>

7 comments:

  1. The Kansas I grew up in had silos and elevators like that. Thanks for the memories. And thanks, farmers, for the grain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am thankful too for all the hard working farmers. Love the sunrise silo photo. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photo and haiku - I grew up in a very small village (800 habitants) surrounded by farmers... in the Netherlands that is. We don't have those large fields overhere but I remember harvest well - I remember even the time it was brought in by horse and carriage, and all the smells in the air (potatoes, cabbage, onions) Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont take it for granted, and I am forever grateful for our farmers. Truly! The photo is magical. I can feel it and hear it. Thank you for a lovely moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A glorious photo and haiku Cathy, that celebrates the harvest and our farmers! I grew up on a different kind of farm, but I do know of the hard work and long hours and the dedicated hearts of men and women who bring food to our tables. I give them thanks every meal. And thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo and lovely haiku ~ Grateful for our hard working farmers ~ they are a treasure ^_^

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely agree... we drove through farm country today and I had those same thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.