Sunday, November 24, 2019

In Dublin's Fair City. . .





Trinity College, Dublin


 Originally Trinity College was established outside the walls of of Dublin in building of the outlawed priory of the Catholic Church.  Though Catholics were admitted from 1793 there were restrictions.

The Library at Trinity College is the largest research library in Ireland.  Housed in the Old Library is The Book of Kells.  Along with the Long Room in the Old Library it is one of the largest tourist attractions in Ireland.  

It truly is amazing and though the Book of Kells itself was not on display, being replaced by a replica, it was still a grand experience.  

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy


Please join me for Mosaic Mondayimage-in-ing, and Our World Tuesday.

16 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos and great memories of your holiday.

    Thank you Cathy. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d love to visit someday. That Library must be awe inspiring ...even just to step inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the Book of Kells fascinating and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow---so interesting. Thanks for tour
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the culture & old world charm in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the red tint in my hair from my great-grandfather from Ireland. It was really shining in the sunshine after I washed it today. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I wished, I could be there... I live Ireland and by the way, I was four times around Dublin.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, wonderful photos. I have heard so much about the Trinity College. I would love to visit the library. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A grand experience for sure! I love the quote you started with...reminds me of some really good movies like Leap Year. Wonderful photos! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos. I would love to have a walk around here right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photographs. I could spend days in such a library as that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cathy - that library looks simply amazing. Glad you have enjoyed your trip to fair Ireland. Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm fascinated by the library at Trinity College. Wow. What a glorious place. I can imagine sitting beneath all those shelves, absorbed in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see again ~ great photos of a very historical and favorite place ^_^

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I visited that library about five years ago. What a wonderful place! And the Book of Kells--oh, my!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.