Saturday, November 30, 2019

Jingle Rails




Jingle Rails is a Great Western Adventure in a G-scale model train wonderland containing nine working model trains that wind through a stunning miniature landscape.  The exhibit features miniature versions of local treasures of downtown Indianapolis, including the Eieteljorg Museum, Monument Circle, Union station and Lucas Oil Stadium.  The trains then head through the National Parks of the American West, passing legendary sites including grand railway lodges, Northwest Coast Native villages, and wonders both natural and human-made--Mt. Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Yosemite Falls, Old Faithful, and much more.


Every year for several years at Christmas time we would go to INDY to visit with Kid and Grand Kids and visit Jingle Rails.  Grandpa being a model railroad fan had the best time of all.



I have to admit I had a grand time as well, in awe of the talent of those who achieved this work of art.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!!

Cathy

Please join me for Mosaic Mondayimage-in-ing, and Our World Tuesday.

20 comments:

  1. What a delight! I wish it were nearer so I could take my granddaughter! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a really wonderful place to visit. Thank you for sharing your photos, Cathy.

    God bless you always. Happy Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Cathy, this BIG boy loves trains! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a pleasure to read... have fun!

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I would LOVE seeing this in real time. What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly lovely! A wonderful mosaic of the trains running through the beautiful miniature landscape. I’d like to take my grandson in person. Thanks for sharing.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really does take SO much time and patience! How neat to get to go see this beautiful display! Glad you took pics to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun! I’d love this as well! And so would my husband ...even more. I love real train travel too....can only imagine how amazing that long trip would have been in real life....but it would be great to see in mi iature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know of such a delightful treat in our location. My grandkids would like to see something resembling this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be a real treat to see. My grandkids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so interesting! Anybody who like trains would love this, like me :)

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos and what a fun and creative place ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The door to the museum is so beautiful. I admire these models, am sure that the museum excites both kids and adults. Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this. The exhibit looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a wonderful time, Terri!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/12/headed-to-philadelphia.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great exhibit! My family used to live in Indianapolis, and I always enjoyed scoping out the museums and exhibits. We spent days at the children's museum with my little grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the wonders of the Children's Museum! What a treasure that is! Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.