Sunday, January 24, 2021

Those Darn Cats


Simba and Nala (Sissy) joined our family 6 years ago.  So many have shared about their cats and I thought I'd share our story of them.  You see, they are not the first cats we have had.  First there was Weber who we rescued from a bird's nest in our spruce tree.  She was independent and not very personable but we loved here nonetheless.  Before she passed Sam came to live with us.  He was a real mouser!  Literally caught them and brought them to us so we could praise him.  (Moles were left on our back step before he came in for the night.
On one occasion, when we were remodeling the kitchen, Sam felt it his duty to check out the workmanship of the cabinets.  LOVE that cat!  Sadly Weber died of cancer and Sam died of a blood clot.  

That brings me to Simba and Nala.  A young lady I worked with had two kitens, brother and sister.  She as always sharing tales about them.  But one day she came to work saying she was going to have to find a new home for them because her husband was found to be allergic to cats.  She was willing to separate them as she had to find the home soon.  Well, I couldn't see separating brother and sister and so we now have them and they are a delight.  Simba is the active and curious one.  Nala (Sissy) is the lazy, sleepy cat!  Love them both!!

He's such a clown!!


She's so layed back!
Love this brother and sister.  

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful cats--and I'm so glad you adopted them so they could stay together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are too. They make life more enjoyable these days!

      Delete
  2. How long I have known you, Cathy -- I remember when you got these two sweeties! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear friend, we have known each other for some time. It's been a grand journey!

      Delete
  3. Cats are always in charge, aren't they?

    God bless, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...cats sure can have individual personalities! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love cats but am allergic and can't have any - I pet and feed a couple of feral cats who visit me

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Story of your cats, Cathy.
    Having cats, I know, it's a special quality. We have had dogs and now - again - our Luzie cat.

    Wish you a good week.
    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy - how generous of you to take in these two siblings!!! It would have been heart-breaking for them to be separated!!! Thanks for getting us started with Mosaic Monday with such a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    Wonderful story, your cats are beautiful. I am glad your were able to adopt these cute kitties.
    Take care, enjoy your day and happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Monday Cathy. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heartwarming story-telling about your cats! They are so adorable with individual personalities.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, Thanks for sharing your Cat history. It is nice to have company I am sure. Have a great week. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, love hearing about other kitty families! So happy you were willing to open your home and heart to both.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love our three boys - all rescue kitties - and I'm glad you shared photos of your furry family. Thank you for joining us at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-rest-of-indoor-herb-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a cat person, too, Cathy. I've always had ctas in my life since I was a little girl. Sadly my most lovable cat Bo died a year after we moved to Colorado and I have not replaced him as yet. I keep thinking that soon a cat will "find" me, much as your Simba and Nala found you. I do have two "grandcats" that I enjoy spending time with .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dogs but at heart I am a cat person. Yours are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have friendly felines here. Do they have their own blogs?

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid they don't have their own blogs. . .the dog would be put our! Thank you for your visit!

      Delete
  17. Sweet kitties... glad you took them together , how sad it would have been to separate them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's nice that you took them both ! We are reduced to one cat now, first we had two (both made 20 years) they got company from my son's cat who had asked me to keep them for 3 months. 18 years later they were still with us, both of them died of old age (also 20) We remained with two and then after 19 years of life together our very special cat Arthur passed away, just before we moved to an apartment. And now little Rosie (13)is with us and got used immediately to her inside life ! She became more social and seems to be very happy now !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meow! I love cats. Can´t but love this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh they are beautiful cats and sweet photos ~ so glad you took them in ~ they are a blessing and you are too ~ ^_^

    Moment by Moment,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cats are such interesting creatures! I'm sure your two are glad they are still together.

    It's so great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My cats are so glad we're home. Laps are always full here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such sweet looking kitties. I'm so glad you kept them together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. cats are..well, cats! :) Except for sleeping time one never know what to expect from them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.