Friday, May 16, 2008

Simple Devotion


As she often does Suzy at Sailing by Starlight has guided me to a new and interesting site called The Simple Woman. There I have been challenged to THINK and REFLECT on scripture. I share this as part of her reflection.

Relish in the moment, the here and now. We know that times are hard and they will be...the end is written and the world is in travail, but we also know that we are never alone. Take comfort in this...

Philippians 4:8 (which is the "blueprint” verse for my life) it says “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” I just love this scripture and find the words very simple to understand. I find them healing to a burdened spirit that is hurting.

And you know I can. She reminded me that when things are burdensome I find myself singing or humming one of my favorite hymns, You Are Near. It becomes a prayer and then I appreciate the consolation derived from the nearness of God. What a grand opportunity to say Thank You and give praise to the Almighty.

I would ask you to visit The Simple Woman for she has a great deal to offer. Thank you to Suzy for leading me there.

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks to be to God, always!!

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely have to check out this site! Have a nice weekend, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathy, I have been reflecting on that verse for about a week or so now. Good words to think on and lean into God for greater understanding, willingness, yieldedness, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't wonderful how we are lead by the Spirit and not really even realize it? His guidance is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the one that goes, "Yahweh, I know you are near. Standing always by my side. You guide me from afar and you lead me in ways everlasting..." We learned so many hymns from the nuns as Catholic students. Each Friday was spent hearing mass, going to confession and learning new songs.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.