Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quirky is as quirky does...


Laura at Catholic Teacher Musings has tagged me for the Quirky MEME. Well, I have to tell you that what you might consider quirky I might consider normal...Just keep that in mind when you read these and don't forget the magnets on the freezer door. And so I begin.

1. I love to play solitaire. Since I am so competitive and such a poor loser I try not to play games that will embarrass me in front of others by throwing a tantrum when I lose. I just deal the cards and prepare to lose again, no tantrum involved.

2. I love watching reruns of Murder She Wrote...my family still teases me about Cabot Cove the murder capitol of the world.

3. I am captivated by old radio programs and can now listen to them frequently since I subscribe to XM radio.

4. I love to crunch on ice...My dentist said I have to STOP! It's an addiction with the ramification being you can lose your teeth and I still have all of them. The dentist is right! DRAT!

5. I enjoy a HOT cup of tea even in the middle of summer...and in the middle of the day!

6. I have no sense of direction...I have to go in and out the same door of a store or I am completely lost...It all happened when we moved from Colorado where I could find my direction by looking west into the Rockies...In Indiana I am completely at a loss!

So there you have it. I keep thinking one day you all will know everything there is to know about me and then I think of just one more thing.

The rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I tag:

Aussie Coffee Shop
Made for Joy
Our God Is An Awesome God
A Crocus in the Valley
A Catholic Notebook
Unexpected Journey

To you all I say, "Enjoy!"

~~~~~~~
And as always,
Thanks be to God!

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the tag Kathy. I did this meme a couple of weeks ago but I will put up a few more quirks. I have lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny,I also love Murder She Wrote,can watch this again and again!And i know what you mean about the sense of direction.When i leave a shop i just go back the street the way i came ,instead of following the road...thinking didn't i see these shop before!But when we go for country walks I am the one to find our way..without maps.Strange..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny. I also do not have a good sense of direction. When I went for a walk down at the beach this summer- I became lost in a little resort neighborhood and had to ask a lady how to find my way out. Gratefully, she did not make me feel silly.
    (I think you really are hurting your teeth with the ice...CARROTS?)

    I have people in my family that love MSW too....Angela Lansbury is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have run out of time now. I will do it tomorrow but my 13 year old daughter wants to get on now.

    I also tagged you for another meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love to crunch ice, but luckily it's not an addiction. If all my ice was the finely crushsed kind instead of the huge chunks, that would be another story. Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tag. you mean there are more quirks? say it isn't so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these memes! It's amazing how much better you feel like you know someone, when you find out those little unusual habits and preferences! (I'm an ice cruncher, too! And can barely find my way out of a paper bag if the mountains there to show me which way is west! &:o)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.