Tuesday, February 10, 2009

God, Our Companion On the Journey


A gift to me, I have tried to adapt this into my prayer life, some days more successfully than others. It's a wonderful text that calls one into prayer, guiding and affirming.

Today as he left for work, Ron, for the first time, voiced his concerns about his workplace. A BIG meeting is scheduled for day after tomorrow and he is anxious. Let it be known that The Kellers have been tested and survived. Certainly not as painfully as some, but tested none-the-less. God has ALWAYS provided us with the grace and courage to succeed in answering his call. Though anxious, we have every reason to be sure that whatever the outcome we will be provided for. In our life together there has never been a time when he has not guided us along the next step of our journey.

And so it was, when I opened my prayers this morning with this source, that I was led to Tobit 13: 1B-8. I just want to share with you the verses that comforted me.

If you turn to him with all your
heart and with all your soul,
to do what is true before him
then he will turn to you
and will no longer hide his
face from you.
So now see what he has done
for you;
acknowledge him at the top
of your voice.
Bless the Lord of righteousness
and exalt the King of the ages.

Tobit 13: 6

I take comfort in these words. For:

O God, you search me and you
know me. all my thoughts lie
open to your gaze. When I walk or
lie down you are before me ever
the maker and keeper of my days.

Bernadettte Farrell
Text based on Psalm 139


Comforted by this I go out today, knowing that, indeed, he cares about us and we can rely on his justice and mercy. Wishing all a joy filled day!

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

6 comments:

  1. i had a few spare moments this morning and decided to read a couple of posts . . . i came here first, and i am so glad i did.

    thanks for sharing these beautiful passages and reflections.

    i am now ready for my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Cathy, and truly comforting. It's what St. Theres's Little Way is all about. Thanks for the reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely passages, very comforting, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,
    I don't know that I have ever read that passage from Tobit. Wonderful passage! Really speaks to me, especially as I am struggling with several things right now, which you know after reading my blog. How wonderful that He promises to allow us to see Him as we give ourselves more and more to Him!
    I will be praying for you and Ron this week and that God will let you know in special ways that He is with you whatever the outcome.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this. What lovely reflections to start the day with.
    God Bless
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't it just such proof of God's caring for us that when we need it most the right words of scripture seem to there for us?
    Time and time again it happens - too many for anyone to say it's just coincidence.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.