Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools Day Humor

Art by Mary Engelbreit


With all the jokes and pranks yet to be pulled today, I thought I would offer this one. Sent me by a friend, I hope you will enjoy it and chuckle a bit.


FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida, an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians, Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, "Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."

The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'

Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is adjourned."

So it is that we are grateful for a sense of humor. Laughter is healing and beneficial, so today do not loose that sense of humor and be sure and laugh at yourself. Don't take yourself too seriously. Frown lines will develop if you do!

~~~*~~~

THANKS BE TO GOD!!

5 comments:

  1. Hello GrandmaK!
    Thanks for visiting! Yes, doesn't the Dutchess just put a smile on your face? You know, you said something that made me think...I am confused. My last post, the third act of my play, I haven't received many comments or the response I was hoping to get, that is to say, submissions for act IV. My intention was to write what is called a "problem-based" scenario where the writers can find a positive solution. It is all in writing "fun" to see what good endings people can come up with. My question to you, in all sincerity, is that does my play have a negative tone that is unattractive and shooing away my blogging friends? I just thought of this after reading your post. Please give me your opinion. It is important to me to always be encouraging and I don't want a silly play to make people not want to visit!! Much appreciate, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard this before but I still get a kick out of it. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.