Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Extreme Humility

Last night I was brought to humility again. Yes, my pride got in the way and I tripped over it.

I was a meeting of the team for Christ Renews His Parish. The meeting was nearly over. We had gone over the menu, discussed timing and for some unknown reason (Known only to God) I reread the letter I had posted on Sunday to those who would be participating. I had patted myself on the back for doing it so well, and I was so pleased with myself that I just had to boast about it earlier. Well, imagine my chagrin when I read the dates and they were incorrect!!!!!

Everyone was so kind, understanding, really compassionate. I was sooooo HUMILIATED!!!! Yes, a lesson to be learned again!!! I have been grounded. And God is good. It isn't something that cannot be fixed. The new letters are ready and will be posted this morning on my way to work!!!!!

To all on the committee I wish to say!!!! Thank you for your love and understanding!!! Even today's quote was meant for me. God is GOOD!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

7 comments:

  1. I don't think it was so boastful to feel good about what you thought was a job well done, but I can understand your embarrassment.
    Maybe it was meant to happen so others could practice kindness and understanding toward your plight.
    We've all been there, Cathy.
    But this was a nice reminder to practice humility. It would do us all well to humble ourselves.
    Nice post.
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when God does that to me!!!


    yes, I learn...but darn I just hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be really nice if you could put our blog on your blogroll:
    www.catholicheritage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was to show you how much you are appreciated and loved...I am very grateful for your kind words on my blog..Thank you for being YOU..Blessings and have a happy day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, a bit of humility is a good thing....God is Good and loves you for doing his work.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it they say? Pride goeth before a fall. It happens to me: any time I am unduly proud of something, bang! On the ground! I'm starting to get used to the taste of humble pie.

    Thanks for sharing. We are all human and have such feelings when we should not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I screw up... or when someone ELSE screws up... I speak the following words of consolation:

    If this is the worst thing to happen today, then it's been a good day.



    Usually, that's true.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.