Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Bit of Thanksgiving Humor


Maggie sent me this tale. Please take time out from stuffing, cooking, baking, mopping and cleaning. Rest and enjoy!!! You NEED a break!!!

A Parrot And A Turkey

A young man received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's' mouth was rude, obnoxious, and laced with profanity. The man tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, he was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back and cursed him.

He shook the parrot, and the parrot got angrier and even ruder.

The man, in desperation, threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, he quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto the man's outstretched arms and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do verything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

The man was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very, very softly: "May I ask what the turkey did?"


~~~Happy Thanksgiving~~~


~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

7 comments:

  1. This was so funny..thank you..I have to tell this one to my husband:)))Have a happy day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving my friend and thank you for the chuckle...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!
    Thank you!
    Thanksgiving Blessings!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this joke. I have heard it before but never tire of it.

    I hope you and your family have a great thanksgiving Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect funny for Thanksgiving! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my favs and just what I needed tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.