Sunday, May 01, 2011

Mosaic Monday/Macro Monday


Easter Eggs, Kitty Cats and Puppy Dogs.

It was a grand weekend before the rains came on Easter Sunday.  In all 18 eggs I only had one crack during boiling.  A miracle!!!  Sam found he was out of the way while napping on the piano.  And just look at Duchess as she stays for her treat!  Yes, indeed, it was a good day!

After the hail and rain...this glorious blossom appeared. 

WHEN the sun comes after rain
And the bird is in the blue,
The girls go down the lane
Two by two.

When the sun comes after shadow
And the singing of the showers,
The girls go up the meadow,
Fair as flowers.

When the eve comes dusky red
And the moon succeeds the sun,
The girls go home to bed
One by one.

And when life draws to its even
And the day of man is past,
They shall all go home to heaven,
Home at last.
by Robert Louis Stevenson

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Now please visit Mary at The Little Red House and share in the beauty offered there.   Lisa at  Macro Monday  also has much to offer.  The pictures are grand.

14 comments:

  1. Looks like fun and a little supervision from the furry family members! Happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet mosaic. I miss dyeing Easter eggs...my children feel they are "too old" now. I guess I'll have to wait for my own grandchildren. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blossoms! Happy Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got this funky egg dye this year - you paint it on. It looks kinda drab, but when it dries, it looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cathy always so wonderful to hear your happy family stories. We had a great Easter weekend too. Had fun watching the storm clouds. The teens were amazed at the beauty of the formations in the sky. I have a post coming up. thanks for stopping by and blessings for the week. I read your previous post on the pope and I loved that man so, I am overjoyed at his beatification and one day canonization. A saint for our times.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Mosaic, looks like your crew can color the eggs quite neatly... our crew usually looks like they're painting half the house with egg dye! *winks* So this year I found a neat contraption called the Egg Spinner... no mess, no clean-up or dyed hands, it was my little miracle this Easter to have such a clean, neat egg coloring experience! *LOL*

    Thanks for stopping by my Mosaic Post.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a long time since my kids were young enough to dye eggs with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the RLStevenson poem! :) And such pleasant and sweet Easter memories. Does the kitty every knock over the pictures on the piano? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the FUN things! Happy Monday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the poem, also! It's been a very long time since we dyed eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful mosaic and poem Cathy! I dyed Easter Eggs with my grandson for the first time. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to dye eggs one hear with our children. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.