Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Joy in Tea Talk



Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the
 comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.
~~Author Unknown~~

I'm having...Hot Chocolate on this morning after a full moon.

My teacup...is nothing special but it certainly holds the hot chocolate well!


I'm feeling... embarrassed still...I missed a luncheon date yesterday with a dear friend and I have to excuse except that I was so absorbed in what I was doing that I didn't even check the time.  What is truly embarrassing is that I didn't realize it until 4:00 p.m.

On my mind...making sure I am checking my calendar 1st think in the morning so that what happened yesterday doesn't happen again!!!!!!  This lady is a dear friend and that is what makes it so painful!

Please join Ruth at Tea Talk today.

~~~~~~~



Today I also join Meri for Share the Joy Thursday.   For I believe we need to find it in my life every day no matter the realities in which we live.  God is Good in so many ways even in times of trial.



This day has the potential of being just as grand as this rose.
 I must be open to it!

~~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!!!
Cathy


11 comments:

  1. Wishing you goodness and joy today.

    Hope you friend understand that you forgot your lunch date.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, with life as challenging as it is in our world, it is essential to focus on the joys and the gifts this life brings to us.
    Blessings, light and love !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your rose.
    live and let live! i forgive you...and i hope you too forgive yourself. you will both be laughing at this in a few days of so.
    now let's have some hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Cathy, I've totally skipped things, too, and feel like a ditz. I don't know if what you typed was a typo, but I love it anyway. ("first think in the morning") I created a daily docket that I fill out first thing each morning. Takes about 5 minutes, and has a list of to-do's, plus a general timeline of the day for me to fill in (times for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appts., etc.). That helps me so much. I've forgotten dr.'s appts. even! But not so much any more.

    I'm sure your friend has forgiven you!

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely rose!
    I'm sure your friend will not take it against you. That happened to me a few times and I know the feeling and the dread to miss another appointment.
    Thank God there's always another time to make up of what we've missed.
    Hope you have a grand weekend.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely words and photos.
    (I check the calendar first thing, too.
    Same reason as you. Whoops.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a JOY to have friends that love us even when we mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, I'm sorry that I'm late for tea! I can relate to your embarrassing story, unfortunately. But I have done something even MORE embarrassing to a dear friend. I needed a gift for her but couldn't purchase anything new. So I thought I would "re-gift" something pretty that I owned. I ended up giving her a gift that she had given ME. What an embarrassment! Thankfully, it has been a few years. I still turn red thinking about it, but we laugh about it now.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best part about great friends is the understanding and forgiveness. Have a great weekend.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous image of the rose - I love the color. And do you know I am sipping Uncle Lee's green tea in front of my computer right now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy,

    You always choose such great music on your Blog. Great pictures too.

    God bless you and thanx.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.