Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Finding Fun In All the Right Places


After we had spent two days visiting Pompeys Pillar and traveling the Beartooth Pass into Yellowstone National Park we decided to have a different kind of fun.  We'd never been to Sheels Sporting Goods.  My brother assured us we'd have a lot of fun, but spending time in a sporting goods store was not my idea of a good time.  I had to eat my words. . .



There were so many exciting things to see.  Bronze sculptures and wood carvings as well as beautiful animal exhibits.


This is the closest I ever want to get to a bear. . .


These are some of the most beautiful exhibits I've see outside a museum.  This really was fun!  There can be a "great adventure" even in a sporting goods store.  If you have a Sheels near you visit it.  Take the kids and grand kids.  There are aquariums and a Ferris wheel to entertain them.  AND in Billlings they have a cafeteria and they sell FUDGE!

~~~^j^~~~

Adventures can come
In the most surprising ways
And it's simply fun






By a mountain lion
Have the wits scared out of you
To find out he's stuffed

But it's all in fun
When it's with loved ones you laugh
It WAS so much fun

~~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God

Cathy


I'm joining  Little Things Thursday.  Drop by by and visit!

Little by Little

Please visit Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 



Finally, I am joining A Soulful Life for Soulfood Friday


19 comments:

  1. How exciting. That wooden bear is just wonderful. Such a beautiful expression.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a sports store like no other! The exhibits look amazing! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CATHY! THERE YOU ARE! Oh how fun to see you...and by a BEAR! hahahahhahaa that is about the closest I'll ever get to one, or maybe my collection of teddy bears!

    Oh how lovely to see you Cathy! I love your Irish blessing up above, and also your kind words to me on your visit to my blog. THANK YOU and have a super day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such fun! My girls would love it! (Just a bit far...) Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so FUN! I am visiting over from Soulful Life. I guess you should never underestimate the sporting goods store!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like my kind of fun with the kids!! I love that you are so game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet surprise-to see adorable YOU! thanks for your place in our haiku hearts, you are a harbinger of JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a great time! the LL bean flagship store was like that. very cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a refreshing, joyful post. Thanks for bringing a smile to my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun experience and SOOOO nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cathy! What a fun adventure you all had! Love the photos and your haiku are pictures in themselves! Love all the pics but I think my fav is with the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness you still have your wits--and your wit--after that mountain lion scare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures. Time spent with loved ones is always fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how great this is!!! Your mountain lion encounter just blew me away....giggles galore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Obviously you know how to have a good time, no matter where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you enjoyed your trip and lovely haiku to honor a piece of it ~ fun!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yeah, that looks like fun!
    Have a nice sunday

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fun post (◕‿◕。)
    have a nice Sunday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.