Sunday, February 16, 2020

My Time For Retreat



Saint Meinrad Archabbey is a Roman Catholic monastery in Spencer County, IndianaUSA, was founded by monks from Einsiedeln Abbey in Switzerland on March 21, 1854, and is home to approximately 85 monks. The abbey is named for St. Meinrad, a monk who died in 861. It is one of only two archabbeys in the United States and one of 11 in the world.  (Wikipedia)



St. Meinrad is a wonderful place for quiet reflection.  So, next weekend I'll be on retreat.  I will not be contributing to my blog until the following week.  Wishing you all a week in which you take some time for reflection.  It can't hurt.  Take time to rest in quiet peace this week.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy


Please join me for Mosaic Mondayimage-in-ing, and Our World Tuesday.

15 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post, interesting to read about the monks from Swiss . What a great building. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...have a wonderful time of peace and reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fascinating. I had no idea that there was one much less two in the US. Enjoy your retreat and may you have a peaceful week.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful & calming monastery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, the retreat week does sound peaceful. The buildings are beautiful. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful abbey ... I had no idea there was anything like that in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. It is always interesting to learn the historical background behind these older churches. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a blessed retreat. Happy mosaic Monday

    Much💗love

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful. I walked in the woods and enjoyed some quiet time today. It really does help to slow down in this busy world...and busy life! Love seeing your photos...it's always a treat to see something I've never seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy - I had no idea Indiana had such a lovely monastery, and that it is still occupied by 85 monks. Fabulous! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, and enjoy your blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quiet setting of abbeys too. I had no idea there is such a wonderful monastery in Indiana. Thank for sharing. Have a beautiful time there.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I grew up in Lake County, IN but never heard of this awesome place! Thanks for sharing it with us :)


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  13. The abbey is stunning. I love the architecture!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.