Saturday, February 08, 2020

The Zoo In Winter, Part 2

When we visited the zoo earlier this winter there were a lot of water fowl.  It was so cold I often wonder how they could weather this?  Well the goose below looks most unconcerned.  It also managed to make a collage for me just be reflecting in the lake. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~


The biggest surprise of the day was our excitement over seeing two turtles on a log.  We knew it was winter and knew it was unlikely that there would be any turtles around so we were so excited!  Imean there they were. . .Well, the excitement was short lived as we realized they were sculptures.  

 ~~~^j^~~~
Thank be to God!!

Cathy


Please join me for Mosaic Mondayimage-in-ing, and Our World Tuesday.

18 comments:

  1. Hello, love the geese and reflection. The turtles look real! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I would NEVER see turtles back home in winter, but here on Maui I have. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turtles look very realistic! We see the real ones in winter here of course, but Florida is different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turtles were either sculptures or they were stone cold.

    God bless, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every log should have a turtle or turtle sculpture - makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The winter certainly takes it's toll of our wildlife. Wish they all had cozy warm houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy - that first picture is eye-catching - if I didn't know it was a photo, I would think a watercolor - such vibrancy and texture! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, and enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah, sculptures!!! Wishing happy NN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Post. Happy MosaicMonday. Lovely scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So real looking! (Laughing at Victor's comment)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those turtle sculptures would have fooled me--they do look real! I think water fowl's feathers are very insulating, so they thankfully stay warm in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite bird! Lovely! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  13. The goose reflection is a lovely capture Cathy

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was certainly fooled by those turtle sculptures!! They look so real!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sculpture looks so real, must have fooled many.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the water and watching birds is always fun.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  17. The water really does make a beautiful background! We love seeing turtles...my hubby always takes pics of them, even when we see the same ones! heehee! Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.