Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas Is Coming




Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat,
Please to put a penny in an old man's hat;
If you haven't got a penny a ha'peny will do, 
If you haven't got a ha'penny, God bless you.

Yes, indeed, it's coming soon.  This song has always reminded me of those who have little or nothing.  And again it reminds me that our Savior was poor and had little or nothing but gave his all for us.  So, I'm reminded I should do the same.  Just when I don't think I have anything to give, I'm offered the opportunity to give. . .my time, talent, treasure, all.  What about you?
Saturday morning it was 54 degrees at 6:30 a.m.  Very rare here on the Ohio River Indiana.  It had rained overnight and so the clouds were parting to allow us the glory of this sunrise.  Another Christmas gift.


Every day I walk I walk past this prayer garden, and last week the manger was erected to the glory of God.  It is so lovely.

~~~~~~~~


 It's such a delight to walk in the neighborhood.  You just never know what surprises await you on any given morning.


~~~~~~~


And along the way we are reminded, by the children of the elementary schools, how we are to behave during this Holiday Season.  "Spread JOY not germs!!

~~~~~~~

Fantasy of Lights


~~~~~~~


It was a delight to drive through all the lights and decorations last week.  It certainly "brightens" the spirit and offers a bit of happiness in this time.  It is even better to know that all the funds raised go to Easter Seals and the treatment of those with handicaps.  It was nice too because the weather was so great.

All in all it was a pretty good week here 


~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy





23 comments:

  1. Lovely decorations! We need them more than ever this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a delightful and cheerful post, Cathy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Pretty sky images. The decoration are lovely, a cheerful sight. The kiddies have the right idea, spread joy not germs. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful walk you had. I love that angel that seems to have been pieced together with whatever was available. Makes it even more beautiful and meaningful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great collection of photos from your walk - yes indeed spread joy and germs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, I really enjoyed all the photos.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  7. This a beautiful post filled the true meaning of Christmas ~ Magnificent photos and what a lovely neighborhood !

    Live with love each moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For sure this will be a Christmas like no other in my lifetime. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...spread "Joy Not Germs" yes, I like that. Merry Christmas Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy - I can feel your Christmas joy coming through this post. And thank you for keeping the focus squarely on the reason for the season! Such a majestic Nativity! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make me warm in my feeling of Christmas spirit. It's true, we should think on people with less - to give them too a joy.
    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of the festive decorations! That gate you photographed is so nice the way it's decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mosaics! The lights are especially pretty and I would be ooohhhing and ahhhing all the way! holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you have a Nativity scene. It seems the true message of Christmas is more and more lost during all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/12/kitty-at-zoo.html, and have a wonderful, holy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post was just the right thing to put me in a perfect mood today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely sunrise photos, but red skies in the morning, sailors take warning. Fine Christmas season photos. Good series.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is a glorious sunrise you are sharing :) It overpowers all other light :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos and mosaics. I particukarly luv your Nativity scene

    Happy Monday

    Muchđź’—love

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the gorgeous sky shots! The lovely decorations too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a brilliant message from the children. Lovely photos Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That spread joy not germs is a really good message - I love seeing the Christmas lights and happy to see people making the effort!
    Happy Christmas!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  22. To begin your day & my visit, the sunrise is soectacular as is your post in its entirety! Great photos & wise words.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.