Sunday, April 16, 2023

Weekend Retreat1



Isn't she lovely?  It's always a wonderful weekend when I can spend time at The Woods.  Well, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.  I've had a relationship with The Woods since 1974.  This is the mother house for the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.  It is also the campus for Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.  The sisters, under the guidence of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin, began an academy for girls in 1841.  

Part of the curriculum for the college is its equine studies degree.  And so at a quiet time during the retreat I took a walk to the stable area to commune with the horses.  They are so very beautiful and were so intent on eating they hardly noticed me.  

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy


Please join me for image-in-ing  and Mosaic Monday  It's great fun!

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to visit! So peaceful...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    It is a wonderful place, I would like to visit the pretty horses and stables too. Love the images and mosaic. Take care, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horses are some of the most beautiful and graceful creatures--always a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.
    I just returned from retreat myself, Cathy, also at a Catholic retreat center. So peaceful and rejuvenating to the spirit.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/04/continued-from-last-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...driving today I saw a number of colts with their moms. Spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! It truly does look like a wonderful retreat.
    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, she really is, and other horses are also so lovely. The woods look to be a nice place to learn about horses and to relax oneself while being tuned into nature with horses.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures you shared are beautiful and I love the peacefulness they convey. It's always refreshing to disconnect from technology and spend quality time with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, the horses look so lovely and beautiful.....
    thank you for sharing beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I understand you very well...

    Very interesting to read. I enjoyed. Thank you for sharing with

    MosaicMonday

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a peaceful place for your retreat. Very interesting that the Sisters have an equine studies program~!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.