Sunday, May 07, 2023

Spring at The Woods


Church of the Immaculate Conception
    
Saint Mother Theodore Guerin arrived here in October 1840.  She and three other sister traveled her from France at the request of Bishop Brute, the bishop of Vincenned, IN.  That was the beginning of a missionary journey that continues today.  

It's a wonderful place to reflect on the beauty of creation in so many ways.  There is  a walk on The Avenue, walking on the campus of Staint Mary-of-the-Woods College campus, and then there are the places along the way for prayer.  

 I graduated form the college in 1994 and I take a great deal of pleasure returning home to The Woods.  If for any reason you will be traveling to Indiana add Saint Mary-of-the-Woods to your itinerary.  

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy


Please join me for image-in-ing  and Mosaic Monday  It's great fun! 
 

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely campus!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing

    much💖love

    My Friday haiu post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks a beatuiful and peaceful place to visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a lovely setting. I bet you enjoyed returning there for a visit! Thanks for bringing us along virtually by sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/05/forrest-is-putting-his-big-boy-shoes-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing me this nature

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy - what a lovely place to go to school! I especially like the picture of the walkway among the trees - I imagine that is the "Avenue"? Our future son-in-law is from Indiana, so I will add this to our list of places to visit! Thanks for your visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Your alma mater is such a beautiful, peaceful place. I can imagine how you enjoyed learning and the life in the campus.
    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely place, and how fortunate you studied there. It looks so peaceful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Based on beautiful photos and descriptions, I agree with you that "It's a wonderful place to reflect on the beauty of creation in so many ways...." ....... Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much being part at

    MosaicMonday with your lovely post. I enjoyed your Post, dear Cathy.

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.