Thursday, December 02, 2010

--Tea Talk~~


Cookies are made of butter and love.  
~Norwegian Proverb

Tea Talk today serves two purposes.  First to share my morning with you and also to clarify an error in yesterday's post "Once Upon A Time Recipes." 


So let's begin.


I'm having...Celestial Seasoning Cool Raspberry Black Tea  though I brewed it with hot water instead of cool water...It really is a tasty tea.

My teacup is...my favorite Christmas mug.



I'm feeling...Embarrassed because I didn't proofread the Candy Cane Recipe better yesterday.  I glad however that I decided to make a batch of cookies for Ron as a surprise.  Because of that surprise I found my "surprise."  But I think and I hope I caught it in time before anyone started to make them.


On my mind...The Candy Cane Cookie Caper and solving the mystery of too little flour in the batter.
If you have already printed the recipe just make sure you change the amount of flour to 2 1/2 cups.


The batter is easy to work with...

I use my Pampered Chef Pizza stone to roll them out on...

Lay them on the cookie sheet carefully...

I baked them for 15 minutes instead of  9 inures because
I made them larger than suggested...

Ron was surprised and so was I because though they
aren't the fanciest candy canes I ever made they really
do taste good!


Wishing you all a wonderful Tea Talk Thursday and come back next Wednesday and I'll try to proofread my Once Upon A Time Recipe post a little better.  Hoping you will stop by and share your recipes!!
*
**
***
*****
=
~~~~~~~
Thanks be to God!!!


Now won't you join me and visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house?  Share a cup of tea or a cool refreshing drink with us.

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh that recipe looks so yummy!!! Will surely try that. And I love your mug and the composition of the first photo is so Christmasy.
    Thanks Cathy for sharing your recipe and for sharing your tea time with us. Your tea sounds refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies are just beautiful! These are ones my mother made every year. St. Nicholas staffs :>) I love your Christmas music and your tea sounds delicious! I hope you have a happy day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty cookies! They do look good. And I love your Christmas mug.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these look delicious!!! And so Christmas-y. I'll have to bookmark this recipe and come back for it - thanks for sharing!

    Thank you, too, for your visit by my place - it was a nice surprise to wake up to this morning. :)

    Christmas Blessings to you and yours~
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tea sounds wonderful and those cookies look delightful!!! How sweet of your to surprise your dear hubby like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! that looks yummy, cathy! will really find time to bake one of these days. Makes me miss my little girl, we used to bake together. Thanks for visiting my blog, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the updated recipe!
    (I'm always so nervous about giving out wrong measurements in recipes because I'm somewhat dyslexic and it's worse with numbers than with letters and I am always transposing numbers!)

    Your candy cane cookie really does look nice sitting next to your teacup on your 'Christmas table'! Enjoy!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try this recipe too, Cathy. They look yummy, and so festive! I liked your pictures from your Thanksgiving too; the men dozing off was a very familiar sight!

    I've been away for a while and had blog woes, but have my site at a different location now, so I'm leaving my new URL for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookies look yummy and festive! Is the Once Upon a Time Recipe a meme you do? Sounds fun- I love to cook! Thanks for sharing tea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some cool canes!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe and the tips!

    Enjoy your tea. I'm going to have another cup of coffee now (no surprise there). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love going to other blogs and see how you have created this wonderful cookie exchange. You are pretty special my friend.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joining you for tea time! Those cookies look darling :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yummy, those look very good, I think my daughter and I will have to give those a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathy! The candy cane cookies look fun! It's nice to see all the Christmas cups and mugs coming out for the holidays :-)

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that photo of your mug of tea and the pretty candy cane cookie.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.